Yesterday’s Tonys was a certified chaos, just ask Hugh Jackman and Neil Patrick Harris.
Neil Patrick Harris
John Lithgow will guest star on the hit TV series How I Met Your Mother where he will play none other than Neil Patrick Harris’ dad on the CBS sitcom.
If Lithgow is half as good as he was on 3rd Rock From The Sun, it should be a treat to watch him play the character of Jerome Whitaker on the show which is set to air “later this season.”
If you’re a fan of the show, as I am, you are probably aware that Barney (Patrick’s character) has spent years searching for his dad, but has never managed to find him.
Neil Patrick Harris and his partner of six years chef David Burtka are now the proud fathers of fraternal twins who were born via surrogate on Oct. 12.
Neil Patrick Harris posted the following Tweet:
“Babies!! On 10/12, Gideon Scott and Harper Grace entered the Burtka-Harris fold. All of us are happy, healthy, tired, and a little pukey.”
Wow NPH sure has come a long way since his Doogie Howser, M.D. days! [Read more…] about Neil Patrick Harris And Partner David Burtka Have Twins!
“So, get this: David and I are expecting twins this fall. We’re super excited/nervous/thrilled. Hoping the press can respect our privacy…”
Here’s a new movie that may take your mind away from the Bella-Edward love team—even for just a moment. Beastly is coming to theaters this July, and I’m ecstatic as ever. Here are seven reasons why:
1. It gives a modern-day take on my favorite fairytale, Beauty and the Beast. The producers of Beastly have revealed that this movie is actually based on the 2007 book of sci-fi writer Alex Flinn, but the plot is obviously influenced by the classic fairytale, sans the beast’s heavy fur.
2. Vanessa Hudgens finally ditches the bubblegum mold for a more mature role. She plays the role of Lindy, a modern-day Belle who goes for “substance over style.” There will be no high school sing-and-dance routines this time, thank goodness.
3. British actor Alex Pettyfer will make you swoon, trust me. This chiseled, handsome 20-year-old has acted in British films in the past, but I believe his lead role in Beastly will make him a Hollywood A-lister in no time. I’d be worried if I were you, Robert Pattinson!
4. Mary-Kate Olsen is back! She finally goes back to the big screen, and this time she isn’t starring as the cutie patootie twin in a self-produced movie. In Beastly, she plays the “witch” Kendra who puts a spell on the self-centered school hottie Kyle, played by Alex Pettyfer.
5. Neil Patrick Harris is part of this teen flick! C’mon, you know that NPH is the man and anything he says is most likely true! “Usually these teen movies are full of masturbation jokes,” he told MTV. “But this is a very classy movie, actually. It looks great. I think the performances are strong. I think it’s better than your average teen film.” NPH plays the blind tutor who was hired by Kyle’s father as an attempt to keep his beastly son hidden from the world.
6. The special effects and makeup look realistic. Since the beast isn’t going for the traditional furry animal look, the producers turned Kyle into a heavily tattooed and scarred dude to fit the contemporary New York setting. He actually looks more like a body artist gone overboard.
7. Although the storyline is predictable (of course you know that Kyle is going to be shirtless and oozing with hotness and “beauty” at the end of the movie!), the producers and cast are keeping certain details of the film under wraps. For example, who is playing Kyle’s father? Will there be cameos from other teen stars? Which rock acts are part of the soundtrack? Will they dance the waltz in a royal ball? The suspense is killing me!
If you won’t take my word for it, then check out the trailer.
Edaward who? Jacob who?