The year 2012 is a big bang for some of the biggest stars in Hollywood. Whether or not it is their first time, welcoming a new member of the family surely feels better than a standing ovation from the crowd. Time to buy prams, cots and baby high chairs!! Below is a list of babies who turned some Hollywood celebrities into proud parents in 2012. [Read more…] about Hollywood Celebrity Babies 2012
When it comes to entertainment and celebrities, at any one time there is almost always a pool of super influential people that seem to be either pulling all the strings or covering all of the magazines. Here’s a quick rundown of the top 10 most influential celebrities in entertainment at the moment:
Simon Cowell’s celebrity status and entertainment industry influence may have started relatively small in the UK, but he’s definitely spread his wings of late. The TV producer, entrepreneur and showbiz judge was the brainchild behind talent show The X Factor, which has now gone stateside in a massive way. As one of the main judges on the show he’s got the power to make people’s careers. [Read more…] about Top 10 Most Influential Celebs in Entertainment
And what a smashing night it was! Fans who purchased tickets to Wednesday night’s concert at Madison Square Garden, New York City, were more than satisfied with the 29-year-old’s show.
Ever since Lady Gaga released her official “Telephone” video on March 11, it’s become a favorite topic online. The nine-minute video just has too many things going on at the same time—just like Gaga’s wardrobe. Here are the trending topics:
1. It has a whopping number of product placements. And yes, people have nothing better to do than to actually count them. According to Advertising Age, there are at least nine different brands appearing in the video. But despite the cornucopia of products, only a handful of brands paid for placements, Lady Gaga’s manager Troy Carter told Advertising Age. Among them are Miracle Whip and Virgin Mobile. The rest were simply given free airtime as thanks for a good partnership with Lady Gaga’s previous shows and projects.
2. The Youtube video has gained over 14,000,000 hits since it came out last week. Enough said.
3. Sexiness is all over the place—from the bra-flashing guards to the sexy jailbirds dressed in bondage attire.
4. Violence is all over the place—from fighting inmates to a poisoning spree.
5. Lady Gaga addresses the hermaphrodite issue. In one scene, the busty lady guards strip an already braless Gaga down to her bare essentials. One of them quips, “I told you she didn’t have a d—k.”
6. Gaga makes out with a girl—but then again, everybody does that these days.
7. Beyoncé is in it, and she was very, very naughty. Although I believe Lady Gaga could’ve done her magic on her own, Beyoncé’s role was interesting. She played the ruthless Honey B, who bailed Gaga out of jail so that they could go on a sexy, killing rampage.
8. Quentin Tarantino lent his bright yellow Chevrolet Silverado SS—a.k.a. The Pussy Wagon, the truck that the bride drives in Kill Bill: Volume 1. Beyoncé and Lady Gaga look much better driving that truck.
9. It has a lot of PG lines, such as the part where Beyonce’s ruthless character tells the guy she killed: “I knew you’d take all of my honey, you selfish motherf*****.”
10. The end of the video flashes “to be continued,” which means we’ll definitely see more of Jonas Akerlund’s creative Gaga genius.
11. MTV banned the video. Yes, sir, the famous music video network found the mini movie-cum-music video too provocative and controversial. I wonder if it has anything to do with Lady Gaga’s team choosing E! as the official channel where they premiered the video. According to reports, other music channels may also ban the video from being aired. Who cares? We still have Youtube.
If you haven’t seen the video yet, spare nine and a half minutes of your life watching below. You won’t regret it.
One fan said it best: “Anyone who’s ever seen her live can testify she is nothing like Britney Spears or Madonna. [Lady Gaga] really is everything.”
Do-gooder Beyoncé unveiled The Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at Phoenix House in Brooklyn, New York on Friday. She and her mother Tina, who is also her business partner, conceived this idea last year.