Since her body was found in July 27, people have been speculating whether Amy’s sudden and shocking demise was a result of suicide, accidental drug overdose, or drug withdrawal. Now they really know what killed her.
This week the coroner disclosed that the cause of death was alcohol poisoning. Though Amy had stayed away from drinking for some time, she fell off the wagon and in a big and fatal way. She finished off three bottles of vodka! Autopsy results showed that she had more than 5 fimes the legal amount of alcohol in her system. “That inhibits what’s called the respiratory center, which is the area in the brain that controls [breathing]. When that is inhibited, people cannot breathe, period. That’s what causes their death,” the coroner explained.
Sadly Amy Winehouse was trying really hard to get her life back on track. She didn’t have any drugs in her system, and her vital organs were functioning well. But she couldn’t stay away from alcohol, and that “one little drink” was enough to make her stop breathing and trigger a coma. Such a sad, sad waste of brilliant talent. We’ll miss that voice, that beehive hair… RIP Amy.