Her Spice Girls days are far over. Melanie Brown, then known as Scary Spice or Mel B, takes a page off R&B singer Rihanna’s stylebook with this spunky hairstyle.
A lollipop is no longer just a lollipop. Mel B’s (Scary Spice of The Spice Girls) new ‘biz, Sugar Factory, takes your sugar rush one notch higher with “couture” sweets.
Mel B. launched her latest collection, the Signature Series Couture Lollipop last January 19 in a star-studded affair at the Guys and Girls Lounge in L.A. Celebs such as Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Stacy Keibler, and Lo Bosworth helped their favorite Spice Girl celebrate and party the night away.
What makes these ‘pops different? Well, for one thing, they cost $25 each compared to the penny candies you buy at the groceries. And here’s the couture part: each lollipop comes with bejeweled and customized handles that you can pair with a rainbow of lollipop flavors.
It’s Hollywood’s new way of accessorizing. Since the paparazzi follows you around 24/7, you need to look good whatever you’re caught doing—such as sucking on a lollipop. Kim Kardashian is already a huge fan of the bejeweled candies, as well as The Pussycat Dolls and Britney Spears, who are among the endorsers of Sugar Factory.
Mommy, I want some couture lollipops!
See what the craze is all about at Sugar Factory’s official (and yummy) website.
â€œIf you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friendsâ€¦â€ or so this â€™90s pop tune went. The next youâ€™ll hear this famous hit will be in theater with a live instrumental ensemble.
Forget the rumors of a reunion. If you believe the buzz, Londonâ€™s West End is looking for five girls to portray Geri Halliwel, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm and Victoria Beckham in a musical about the rags to riches story of the Spice Girls.
According to mirror.co.uk, â€œProducers will be seeking wannabes capable of a Posh pout, a baby face, a scary look, a sporty back flip, and one whoâ€™s ginger.â€
The two-hour pop musical extravaganza is reportedly Ginger Spiceâ€™s latest big project. She is said to be producing the ensemble, while the other four spices will be involved in the casting and artistic direction of the show.
The Spice Girls formed in 1994 after replying to this open audition ad in British newspaper The Stage: “[sic] R. U. 18-23 with the ability to sing/dance? R.U. streetwise, outgoing, ambitious, and dedicated?â€
They popularized the â€œgirl powerâ€ mania in the mid â€™90s and sold 65 million records worldwide with hits such as â€œWannabeâ€ and â€œSay Youâ€™ll Be There.â€
In 1998, Geri left the group to work on her solo career. The Spice Girls disbanded in 2000, as the other four girls pursued other feats. In 2007, they did a comeback world tour.
Would you pay to watch the Spice Girls Musical?
Happy Birthday, Posh!We’d wish that all your dreams come true, but what else could you ask for? Fame, fortune, a gorgeous husband.
The Spice Girls have taken their final bow as a group at their last (and we hope they mean it this time) concert in Toronto. “Our time is up … we’ve come to the end of the road … there are tears of both sadness and joy. Look how far we’ve come!,” they said on their website.
Finally, someone who feels the same way I do about Posh’s dress sense! On Tuesday, Mr. Blackwell crowned the pouty Spice Girl as the Worst Dressed in 2007, crushing Mrs. Beckham’s hopes of being L.A’s newest fashion scion since moving to America last year with football star hubby David Beckham.
â€œIn one skinny-mini monstrosity after another, pouty â€˜Poshâ€™ can really wreck-emâ€
The fashion veteran said, in his usual acidic manner.
The 2007 top 10 worst-dressed list (with Blackwell’s critiques):
10. Alison Arngrim: “Little Nellie of the prairie, looks like a 1940′s fashion editor for the Farmers Almanac.”
9. Lindsay Lohan: “Lindsay the fashion frenzy strikes again! Lohan takes fashion to a new low.”
8. Jessica Simpson: “Forget the Cowboys. In prom queen screams, can it get any worse? She’s a global fashion curse!”
7. Avril Lavigne: “Gothic make-up courtesy the mad spatula â€” Fashions provided by … The house of Dracula!”
6. Eva Green: “Stuck in neon nightmares not fit for the sane. Fashion this loud could give Bond a migraine! A profusion of confusion from toes to nose!”
5. Kelly Clarkson: “Her heavenly voice soars above the rest … but those belly-baring bombs are hellish at best! She may be the queen of ‘Pro-Active’ â€” but that wardrobe looks downright radioactive!”
4. Fergie: “Another style-free ‘Fergie’ in fashion’s hall of shame? Yes, when it comes to couture chaos, guess it’s all in a name!”
3. Mary Kate Olsen: “YIKES! In layers of cut-rate kitsch, Mary Kate’s look is hard to explain … she resembles a tattered toothpick-trapped in a hurricane!”
2. Amy Winehouse: “Exploding beehives above â€¦ tacky polka-dots below … she’s part 50′s car-hop horror.”
1. Victoria Beckham: “Forget the fashion spice â€” wearing a skirt would suffice! In one skinny-mini monstrosity after another, pouty posh can really wreck-em.”
Copyright 2008 Reuters.
In the days leading up to their highly anticipated London shows, The Spice Girls‘ Baby Spice, AKA Emma Bunton took a tumble during their Monday night performance in Las Vegas.Â In the photo above, Baby still manages to look glam with the girls, as they board the Virgin Atlantic “Spice One” jet for home.