1. It’s Christina Aguilera’s movie debut. The 29-year-old signed up for Burlesque last year, and I say it’s about time! She plays Ali, an ambitious small-town girl with a big voice. She tries to escape her hollow past by performing in a neo-burlesque club in Los Angeles. Here she is on the set getting glammed up between takes.
2. It’s Cher’s first movie in a long time. Her last film role was for Matt Damon’s Stuck On You in 2003. In the photo above, Cher is on the set for Burlesque in Hollywood in January. She plays Tess, the proprietor of the club. The other burlesque dancers may be 1/3 Cher’s age, but this 63-year-old diva can still work it on those killer stilettos and animal-print outfits.
3. It has an interesting story line. Think Moulin Rouge meets Cabaret. Here’s the plot synopsis from the movie’s IMDB page:
The Burlesque Lounge has its best days behind it. Tess, a retired dancer and owner of the venue, struggles to keep the aging theater alive, facing all kinds of financial and artistic challenges. With the Lounge’s troupe members becoming increasingly distracted by personal problems and a threat coming from a wealthy businessman’s quest to buy the spot from Tess, the good fortune seems to have abandoned the club altogether. Meanwhile, the life of Ali, a small-town girl from Iowa, is about to change dramatically. Hired by Tess as a waitress at the Lounge, Ali escapes a hollow past and quickly falls in love with the art of burlesque. Backed by newfound friends amongst the theater’s crew, she manages to fulfill her dreams of being on stage herself. Things take a dramatic turn though when Ali’s big voice makes her become the main attraction of the revue.
4. The movie features a stellar cast. There’s red-haired Julianne Hough as Georgia, a brunette Kristen Bell as Nikki, the hunky Cam Gigandet as Jack, and Alan Cumming as Alexis, among other big names.
5. An awesome soundtrack is in the works. The movie’s writer/director/actor Steven Antin may get inspiration from his sister Robin who created the burlesque troupe The Pussycat Dolls in 1995. And with the likes of Cher and Christina Aguilera on the team, you know the soundtrack can’t go wrong.
Check out behind-the-scenes clips, courtesy of ET. Burlesque is coming out this Thanksgiving.
Posted by MrAlmostWrong as Kristen Bell at 6:19 PM UTC on Feb, 02 2010
1. Weird eyes. Not even exotic, just weird.
2. Old lady dress. Kristen, sweetheart, you are young and have a great body and you wear this old lady dress? It’s like you are hiding something and I can’t figure out what it is, but it shouldn’t be hid. Trust me.
3. Seriously, the guy you are dating is almost a repeat of Sarah Marshall. He has no reason even being with you and sooner or later you are going to move on. Whether it is no or later who knows, but the world knows it is going to happen. How many ‘funny’ men get with beautiful women and stay with them? Courtney Cox is the one exception I can think of.
I’m glad I’m just getting this post out of the way because I don’t need this ish. Yeah, Kristen Bell is ish to me.
Posted by MrAlmostWrong as Kristen Bell at 11:14 PM UTC on Jan, 19 2010
It’s not enough that she kind of weirds me out with her eyes, but now she has to pull this off? I mean seriously, a wink? Get the hell out of here with that winkage. This is no place for winking. I want to jump through the screen when I see her and push her eyes closer together, but supposedly to the rest of the world she is hot. I don’t know man, I think she is an alien or something, it creeps me out.
What movie has she been in that you thought, damn this is great movie. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was a great and funny movie and you could completely understand why he would forget about her. Hell, you had to question why he would even stay with her. Thank god Mila Kunis was around to save the day, otherwise the film would’ve been a complete disaster. That is no joke.
Now I have to deal with her in another movie? I’m not even going to put the name of the movie here because the commercials are damn near everywhere and are annoying as hell. Actors talking to us like we care what they think? Seriously? Why don’t they just make this picture the movie poster. It would cause the same amount of rage and probably save you a ton more money.
Gaaaaaaah. Don’t ever wink at me again.