Whirlwind romances, short-lived and quickie marriages, expensive divorces. You name it, the entertainment world has it.
If you’ve followed your favorite celebrities, chances are you can easily guess who recently got engaged, got married or who decided to call it quits. While many movie and TV fans love to see their fave actors wed and stay married for keeps, there are just certain factors that sometimes lead to divorce. Irreconcilable differences are a common ground.
Rather funny how the world of romance and relationships have changed over the years. The sexual revolution has set so many souls free and at the same time has reversed and flipped the way we all viewed life and love for many centuries. Who says only men can have all the fun with women half their age? Why do many frown on women getting involved with a much younger man? Who dictates that norm anyways? Let’s say a woman in her 40’s suddenly becomes single and available after a 10 year marriage ends in divorce. They say all the good men are taken. Hence, this leaves her with slim pickins of single men in her age bracket. These men be the ones who are either too involved with work and have sworn themselves into bachelorhood, or have gone totally ape chasing around women half their age and half their waistlines. Who then makes it to her list of eligibles?
And oh,the labels we’ve been living with That distinguished man in his 50’s dating a girl in her 20’s is reduced to a dirty old man and a foxy woman in her 40’s dating a 20 something man becomes a raging cougar preying on fresh meat. Fortunately, Hollywood always has something to inspire us. This reality bite on the battle of the dating sexes has seen many celebrity cougars on the prowl for a great catch. Whether they end up with a keeper or just a sleeper, these Hollywood women sure have their game on and some pretty hot boy toy trophies.
Mariah Carey — rawrrz for this mamita for keeping her boy toy Nick Canon in tow despite their 10 year age difference.
Nothing can stop this woman! How many sexy 63-year-old superstars do you know who can perform and party all night? The unflinching Cher has revealed that as soon as her contract ends with The Colosseum in Caesars Palace expires, she will go on tour again.
According to the Las Vegas Sun, the diva is also releasing a new album this year. As a treat to her fans, the album will be available in two versions—one with 14 tracks and one deluxe edition with 19 songs.
The album’s debut single “Already Been There” will be launched at the upcoming World Music Awards this year. We will also see her comeback to the big screen with the movie Burlesque, co-starring Christina Aguilera and Julianne Hough, Alan Cumming, and Cam Gigandet.
Retirement is definitely not in Cher’s vocabulary.
1. It’s Christina Aguilera’s movie debut. The 29-year-old signed up for Burlesque last year, and I say it’s about time! She plays Ali, an ambitious small-town girl with a big voice. She tries to escape her hollow past by performing in a neo-burlesque club in Los Angeles. Here she is on the set getting glammed up between takes.
2. It’s Cher’s first movie in a long time. Her last film role was for Matt Damon’s Stuck On You in 2003. In the photo above, Cher is on the set for Burlesque in Hollywood in January. She plays Tess, the proprietor of the club. The other burlesque dancers may be 1/3 Cher’s age, but this 63-year-old diva can still work it on those killer stilettos and animal-print outfits.
3. It has an interesting story line. Think Moulin Rouge meets Cabaret. Here’s the plot synopsis from the movie’s IMDB page:
The Burlesque Lounge has its best days behind it. Tess, a retired dancer and owner of the venue, struggles to keep the aging theater alive, facing all kinds of financial and artistic challenges. With the Lounge’s troupe members becoming increasingly distracted by personal problems and a threat coming from a wealthy businessman’s quest to buy the spot from Tess, the good fortune seems to have abandoned the club altogether. Meanwhile, the life of Ali, a small-town girl from Iowa, is about to change dramatically. Hired by Tess as a waitress at the Lounge, Ali escapes a hollow past and quickly falls in love with the art of burlesque. Backed by newfound friends amongst the theater’s crew, she manages to fulfill her dreams of being on stage herself. Things take a dramatic turn though when Ali’s big voice makes her become the main attraction of the revue.
4. The movie features a stellar cast. There’s red-haired Julianne Hough as Georgia, a brunette Kristen Bell as Nikki, the hunky Cam Gigandet as Jack, and Alan Cumming as Alexis, among other big names.
5. An awesome soundtrack is in the works. The movie’s writer/director/actor Steven Antin may get inspiration from his sister Robin who created the burlesque troupe The Pussycat Dolls in 1995. And with the likes of Cher and Christina Aguilera on the team, you know the soundtrack can’t go wrong.
Check out behind-the-scenes clips, courtesy of ET. Burlesque is coming out this Thanksgiving.
* all photos courtesy of Screen Gems
Born Chastity Bono to Cher and the late Sonny Bono, she is now known as Chaz, and is in the process of becoming a transgender. Mother Cher and stepmom Mary Bono have both been vocal in providing their support to their child.